Think you need days of planning to create a beautiful gathering? Think again. This weekend as you celebrate mom, all you need are 6 simple things to set a pretty table that makes everyone feel honored and special. To me, there’s nothing more relaxing than a charming tea moment. Even if you’ve never thrown a tea before, you can surprise her by hosting an ultra-sweet afternoon soiree to enjoy a classic tea treat and light beverage. It is a sure way to make mom slow down and delight in much appreciated conversation and pampering. A gift that is truly special and unique.
Set a Pretty Table for Mother’s Day
- Choose a soft and feminine color palette, like this set-up featuring delicate lilacs, whites and greens.
- Use fresh flowers to add a touch of joy and beauty to your table. I am fortunate to have lilacs grow in my own garden and they bloomed just in time for this special Mother’s Day Gathering.
- Serve up your favorite tea treat. For this occasion, I made my go to raspberry tart. You can find the recipe here. If you’re short on time, pick up your favorite store-bought dessert and present it on a pretty dish, embellish it with fresh mint and a dusting of powdered sugar for a personalized touch.
- Serve a beautiful beverage. This can be fresh tea decorated with mint and lemons, fresh lemonade or in this case, a lilac infused cocktail.
- Use beautiful floral vintage china to create a table that is inviting, elegant, and unforgettable.
- Don’t stress over it. It does not have to be perfect! Mom will appreciate the effort – she will be very happy just knowing that you tried!!!
Janet Collazo shares tips for entertaining, home styling and cooking at her blog, Rosemary & Thyme. Stop by for more inspiration with a floral, vintage twist!
Looking for more easy entertaining ideas? Get inspired by this French Country style gathering.